Monday, August 25, 2008

Police Report: August 22-24

Friday August 22:

3200 block of Chauncey Place: At about 10:00 pm officers were conducting routine patrols of the Queenstown Apartment complex when they observed three black males who appeared to be consuming alcoholic beverages in public. Further investigation revealed that one of the males had an open warrant. He was arrested without incident. The other males were sent on their way.

4000 block 34th Street: At about 1:30 am officers received a call for a domestic dispute. The caller stated that one of the participants was in a black Jeep. When the officers arrived they observed a black Jeep leaving the area. A traffic stop was conducted on the vehicle. The driver was identified, found to have an open warrant and arrested without incident. The original dispute was found to have no merit.

3700 block of 37th Street: At about 1:30 am officers received a call for a purse snatching. The victim told the officers that at about 1:25 am she arrived home from a night club via cab. As she went to enter her residence via the back door an unknown male approached her and demander her purse. She did not immediately comply. The male then grabbed her purse and forcefully took it from her after a brief struggle. The suspect then fled on foot. The victim described the man as a black male 17-20 years of age, 5’10”, and 150 lbs wearing dark clothing with a red bandana wrapped around his face. The suspect did not assault or injure the victim and no weapons were involved.

4200 block of Rhode Island Avenue: At about 2:30 am officers received a call for subject who called 911 stating that he wanted to kill himself. When the officers arrived they saw the man standing on the sidewalk screaming that he wanted to kill himself. The man was identified and the officers learned that he had a history of mental illness and was very depressed. He was transported to Washington Adventist Hospital for an emergency psychological evaluation.

3000 block of Taylor Street: At about 4:50 am officers received a call for a home invasion that occurred about 20 minutes prior. The victim told the officers that at about 4:30 am they heard a noise in the dinning room area of their house. They entered the kitchen and found a man standing at the kitchen table. When the man realized that someone was standing behind him he turned and fled out the front door to a waiting vehicle. The man was described as a black male, bald, 29-42 years of age, 5’07” – 5’09”, and wearing a dark color t-shirt and dark color shorts. He entered the residence through an open window after removing the outer screen.

Saturday August 23:

2500 block of Arundel Rd: At about 6:10 pm officers responded for the report of vandalism to a motor vehicle. The victim told the officers that someone damaged his vehicle by flattening one of his tires and scratching profanity in the passenger side door. He believes that his ex-girlfriend is responsible but did not wish to pursue charges.

4200 block of Rainier Ave: At 10 am officers responded for the report of a theft. The victim told the officers that she had been away from her residence since Sunday the 17th and when she returned home she discovered that someone attempted to remove her window air conditioner. The person(s) responsible were not successful. There was no evidence of entry into the residence.

4200 block of 28th Street: At about 12:45 am officers received a call of a stolen auto that just occurred. Upon arrival officers spoke to the victim who told them that he was walking home to his apartment when a black male approached him and asked the victim to let him into the secure building. The male told the victim that he was visiting his sister on the third floor. The victim told the officers that he knew the man was lying because he knew there was no resident that fit the description the man gave him. The victim became more suspicious when he observed two other black males sitting in a dark color vehicle on the road. The victim then activated the panic button on his car alarm. When he did so the man knocked the keys from his hand, picked them up and threw them to one of the passengers in the dark colored vehicle. The passenger got into the victim’s vehicle and drove away. The man then got into the dark colored vehicle and fled the area. The victim’s vehicle was equipped with LoJack and recovered several hours later by officers of the Washington DC Police Department.

4200 block of 34th Street: At about 3 am officers received a call for a motor vehicle crash. When the officers arrived they found that a Toyota 4-Runner had struck two legally parked cars. The driver of the 4-Runner was found to be intoxicated and driving with out a driver’s license. He was placed under arrest and transported to the Greenbelt Police Department for a blood alcohol test. His BAC was .192, over twice the legal limit. He was charged accordingly.

3200 block of Chillum Road: At about 4:20 am officers received a call for a fight about to occur at a large party. The officers had been to the building previously for the report of loud music. When the officers arrived they found several people in front of the residence. When the officers went to the apartment where the call originated a large fight broke out between 15-20 males and females. Officers were forced to deploy OC spray (pepper spray) to break up the fight. The participants quickly left the area after the OC spray was deployed. Most of the remaining partiers were escorted to their vehicles so they could leave the area. No arrests were made as a result of the incident.

Sunday August 24:

4700 block of 27th Street: At about 9:30 am officers were dispatched for a vandalism to auto. The victim told the officers that she parked her car in front of her residence about midnight, and when she returned in the morning she discovered the rear windshield smashed out and the front windshield damaged. She believes that her ex-husband was involved because of a recent argument.

Upshur Street & 32nd Street: At about 2:15 am officers observed the stolen Honda Accord wanted in connection with several burglaries in the City. About the time the officers saw the car, the occupants saw the officers and they immediately fled at a high rate of speed. The officers gave chase but lost the vehicle rather quickly when it turned onto Buchanan Street off Chillum Road and disappeared.

3100 block of Queens Chapel Road: At about 3 am officers observed a vehicle that failed to stop at a red light. The officers initiated a traffic stop on the vehicle and discovered that the driver was intoxicated. He was arrested and taken to the Greenbelt Police Department for a breath test. The test revealed that his BAC was .24, three times the legal limit. He was charged accordingly.

No comments: