Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Police Report: November 24

3100 block of Queens Chapel Road: At about 5:30 pm officers responded for the report of an unattended death. When the officers arrived they were met by the decedent’s roommate. She told the officers that she last saw the deceased alive when she left for work at about 11 pm on the 23rd. When she returned home this afternoon she found him on the living room couch unresponsive. She called 911 and when medics arrived at about 5:20 pm they pronounced him dead. The officers were able to make contact with the decedent’s doctor who told them that he had a pace maker, suffered from high blood pressure and prostate cancer. No foul play was detected or suspected. The State Medical Examiner and PGPD homicide detectives responded to the scene. Family members were also contacted and responded. The Medical Examiner released the body of the decedent to the family for funeral arrangements.

4600 block of 30th Street: At about 6:45 pm officers responded for the report of a citizen armed robbery. The victim told the officers that as he approached the front of his residence he was approached by three individuals. One of them struck the victim on the head with a bag containing a hard substance. The victim was dazed by the attack when one of the individuals displayed a black handgun and demanded victim’s wallet. The victim tossed his laptop style bag on the ground and told the individuals that his wallet was in the bag. About this time a witness arrived on the scene and when he saw what was happening he yelled “police” to scare off the attackers. The individuals picked up the victim’s bag and fled on foot onto 31st Place towards the Nature Center. Neither the victim nor the witness called police to report the crime for about 20-30 minutes. When officers arrived the perpetrators were long gone and a canvass of the area by MRPD, PGPD and Hyattsville City PD proved negative. He victim refused medical treatment at the scene and told the officers that he could not identify any of the three individuals. The witness also said that he too could not identify any of the individuals.

No comments: