Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Police Report: February 17

February 17:

3300 block of Bunker Hill Road: At about 11:30 am officers responded for the report of a theft of property. The victim told the officers that a Macintosh computer valued at approximately $1,200.00 was discovered stolen from an inside store room. The victim noted that several individuals have keys to the room and there was no evidence of forced entry. The victim could not provide a serial number at the time of the report.

Chillum Road at Queens Chapel Road: At about 4:30 pm officers investigated a property damage motor vehicle collision. Their investigation revealed that a vehicle stopped at the traffic light westbound Chillum Road at Queens Chapel Road was struck from the rear by another vehicle. There were no injuries and both vehicles were able to be driven from the scene.

3300 block of Chillum Road (7-11): At about 9:45 pm officers responded for the report of a stolen vehicle. The victim told the officers that she parked her vehicle in front of the store and went inside to shop. She said she left her vehicle running, the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked. When she came back about four minutes later she found that her vehicle had been stolen. The store’s video surveillance camera captured an image of the suspect who got into the victim’s vehicle and drove away. A lookout was placed to all area agencies however a thorough canvass of the area proved negative. The victim was issued a Maryland State traffic citation for unattended motor vehicle.

2900 block of Arundel Road: At about 11:55 pm officers on patrol observed two suspicious individuals in the park. Both individuals, one an adult, the other a juvenile were stopped for a field interview. During the interview process both individuals were patted down for weapons. The adult was found to be in possession of a loaded .357 magnum handgun. He was arrested and charged with carrying a concealed firearm. The juvenile was found to be a reported runaway from his residence in DC. He was taken into custody, transported to his residence and released to his parents.

4200 block of Eastern Avenue: At about 12:15 am officers responded for the report of an individual who was in violation of a protective order. The person who obtained the protective order told Communications that the individual was banging on her window and trying to get into her residence. When the officers arrived they made contact with the target of the protective order and he immediately fled from the officers in attempt to avoid arrest. After a brief foot chase the officers caught the individual and tried to take him into custody. The individual resisted arrest and physically assaulted the officers in his continued attempts to get away. The officers were forced to deploy a Department issued Taser weapon in order to get the individual under control and under arrest. Once the officers had the individual in custody he was transported to Washington Adventist Hospital for a check up to ensure that he did not suffer any ill effects from the Taser. Medical personnel at the hospital determined that he was OK to be released and he was delivered to the custody of DOC in Hyattsville. He was charged with violating a District Court protective order and assault on a police officer.

No comments: