Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Police Report: May 24

3200 block of Rhode Island Avenue: At about 9 am officers took a report of a theft. The business owner told the officers that someone stole a battery out of one of his vehicles. The owner said that he was unaware of when the theft occurred.

3700 block of Wells Avenue: At about 11:40 am officers responded for the report of an assault. The officers spoke with the victim who told them that a black male in his late 20’s arrived at her place of business and asked if there was any work available. The man then forced his way into the business and grabbed the employee. The employee defended herself and stabbed her attacker with a work tool forcing him to flee the scene. The victim described her attacker as having a round face, stocky build, with a sleeve length tattoo on his right arm and carrying a light blue and black backpack. An extensive search of the area for the suspect was conducted with negative results. The victim told the officers that she had seen the suspect in the area and would be able to identify him should she see him again. The officers’ investigation is continuing.

4200 block of Eastern Avenue: At about 12:25 pm officers responded for the report of an attempt citizen robbery. When the officers arrived they were told that a maintenance employee was working in an apartment and left to get supplies. When he returned to finish his work he was confronted by two men who had been hiding in a closet. The two men attempted to rob him of cash but the victim did not have any so they fled the scene. PGPD robbery detectives responded to the scene to interview the victim and assume a follow-up investigation. The victim described his assailants as:

1. Black male in his 20’s, 5’9” tall, 170 lbs. wearing blue jeans and a Kaywood maintenance uniform.
2. Black male in his 20’s, 5’9” tall, 180 lbs. wearing blue jeans.

4200 block of 34th Street: At about 10:20 pm officers responded for the report of a burglary. The reporting person told the officers that he was conducting a check of the building when he discovered a storage room in the basement that had been forced open. Upon further inspection he discovered that several tools had been stolen from the storage room sometime between 9:00 am on May 21st and 9 am on the 24th. No evidence or witnesses were located.

No comments: