From the Capital Weather Gang - PLEASE READ
Child and hot car safety tips – taken from meteorologist Jan Null:
· NEVER LEAVE A CHILD UNATTENDED IN A VEHICLE. NOT EVEN FOR A MINUTE!
· IF YOU SEE A CHILD UNATTENDED IN A HOT VEHICLE CALL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY.
· Be sure that all occupants leave the vehicle when unloading. Don’t overlook sleeping babies.
· Always lock your car and ensure children do not have access to keys or remote entry devices. If a child is missing, check the car first, including the trunk. Teach your children that vehicles are never to be used as a play area.
· Keep a stuffed animal in the car seat and when the child is put in the seat place the animal in the front with the driver.
· Or place your purse or briefcase in the back seat as a reminder that you have your child in the car.
· Make “look before you leave” a routine whenever you get out of the car.
· Have a plan that your childcare provider will call you if your child does not show up for school.