In preparation for the forecasted winter weather event, The City of Mount Rainier has declared a Snow Emergency to be in effect beginning at 6:00pm on Monday, March 13, 2017.
Parking on Emergency Routes is prohibited during a Snow Emergency.
The Mount Rainier Police will ticket and tow vehicles that remain parked on a snow emergency route one hour after snow begins to fall.
Emergency routes are as follows:
1. 34th Street from Eastern Avenue to Arundel Road
2. Chillum Road from Arundel Road to the City boundary at Queens Chapel Road, MD Rt. 500
3. Rainier Avenue from 34th Street to Upshur Street
4. Upshur Street from Rainier Avenue to 28th Place
5. 28th Place from Upshur Street to Russel Avenue
6. Russell Avenue from 28th Place to Arundel Road
7. Varnum Street from Russel Avenue to Eastern Avenue
8. Arundel Road from Russell Avenue to 34th Street
Wednesday trash collection will be suspended until Thursday, March 16, 2017.
MRTV is experiencing technical issues and is temporarily down, please refer to the Mount Rainier website at www.mountrainiermd.org for more information; and follow our Facebook page @CityofMountRainierMD and Twitter account @MtRainierMD for updates.
For questions or concerns, please contact Jessica Love at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-731-0163
Mount Rainier Snow Emergency telephone lines are 301-985-6580 and 301-985-6590
In case of emergency, call 911.