Police are asking residents to review their holiday purchases and shipments to determine if any packages are missing. If you have shipped a gift to a family member, confirm with the recipient that it has arrived. If the delivery company reports that the package was delivered, but you believe it may have been stolen, take the following steps:
• Check the back or side door to see if the delivery was left at another location. Check with neighbors to see if the package was delivered to the wrong address.
• Call the delivery company to confirm it was delivered.
• Report the incident to police by calling 301-985-6565/6566.
To prevent thefts, police encourage residents to follow these tips:
• Track shipments, and try to be home when they are scheduled to arrive.
• If you won’t be home, have the shipment delivered to your work, if possible, or ask the delivery company to leave the package in a discreet location, such as a back door.
• Ask a neighbor to take the package inside until you get home.
• Be aware of suspicious people and vehicles. Delivery drivers are asked to be aware of vehicles following them.
• If you notice suspicious behavior, call 911 immediately. Make note of any vehicle’s make, model, tag number and direction of travel.