Friday, August 29, 2008

Police Report: August 28

3700 block of 35th Street: At about 4:45 pm officers responded for the report of a residential burglary. Investigation revealed that person(s) unknown broke a small window in the back of the unoccupied residence that lead to a laundry room. Once inside the perpetrators kicked open a family room door and another basement door to gain entry into the rest of the home. The perpetrators stole numerous electronics items including a computer, DVD players, and a stereo system. Several items of jewelry were also taken. They then exited the home through the front door and fled the area. The residence was processed for latent prints with negative results. Witnesses told the officers that they saw two subjects at the door of the residence at about 8 am. They were described as a 17-20 year old black male, 5’7” tall, 160 lbs; and a black female, 5’5” tall and 140 lbs. It is not known if either of these individuals was involved in the crime.

3200 block of Chillum Road: At about 8:45 pm officers responded for the report of a citizen armed robbery. Investigation revealed that the female victim was approached by four black males while walking on Chillum Road toward the 7-11. One of the males, identified only as about 6’ tall wearing a black shirt and long dreads, produced a copper colored revolver and pointed it at the victim. She pleaded with the suspect to not shoot her. Another suspect, described as wearing a brown shirt, grabbed her keychain wallet and stole her cash. He also stole her cell phone that was attached to her waist. The four suspects then fled toward Chauncey Place. A search of the area yielded no suspects.

3300 block of Chillum Road: At about 2 am officers respond for an auto accident. When they arrived they discovered a 1994 Ford Mustang with heavy front end damage. Investigation revealed that the vehicle struck two parked and unoccupied vehicles causing heavy damage to both of them as well. The Mustang, still running, was occupied by the driver who was intoxicated and incoherent. A warrant check revealed that the driver had a suspended license and two open warrants through District Court. He was charged with failure to control speed to avoid a collision, driving on a suspended license, reckless and negligent driving and DWI. He was transported to Greenbelt Police Dept where he failed to give a good breath specimen on all three tries. He was delivered to the custody of DOC in Hyattsville without further incident.

No comments: