Friday, May 28, 2010

Police Report: May 27-28

May 27th:

3700 block of 36th Street: At about 12:45 pm officers responded for the report of a strong arm robbery. The victim told the officers that he was in his driveway working on his vehicle when he was approached by two black males. One of the men immediately began to assault him while the second man stole his wallet. MRPD officers arrived while the robbery was still in progress and when the two suspects saw the officers pull up they immediately fled the scene on foot. The officers gave chase and were able to capture one of them (later identified as a 17 year old juvenile). The other suspect was able to make good his escape. The arrested juvenile was charged with robbery and other offenses and committed to the juvenile detention facility in Cheltenham. He was also questioned by PGPD detectives in an attempt to identify his accomplice but he refused to cooperate with investigators. The officers believe that the suspect who eluded them could possibly be the same man who committed an assault in the 3700 block of Wells Avenue on May 24th. The victim of the assault described him as a black male in his late 20’s, a round face, shoulder length dreadlock style hair, stocky build, with a sleeve length tattoo on his right arm and carrying a light blue and black backpack. Today the man was shirtless and wearing blue jeans.

May 28th (early morning):

3500 block of Perry Street: At about 1 am officers took a death report. The deceased was a 70 year old hospice patient. The State medical examiner and the deceased’s personal physician ruled that no foul play was involved.

3300 block of Otis Street: At about 2 am officers responded to a theft from auto that had just occurred. The victim/owner told the officers that he heard suspicious noises coming from outside. As he looked out his window to investigate he saw a black male wearing dark clothing in the process of stealing property from inside his Dodge van. The victim immediately yelled at the suspect saying that he was calling police. The startled suspect immediately fled the scene. When the victim came outside he saw the suspect get into an older model Ford minivan parked on 34th Street that drove off on 34th toward Eastern Avenue. The victim went back to his vehicle and discovered that in his haste to get away the suspect left the items he was trying to steal lying on the sidewalk. A check of the area for witnesses/evidence was negative. A lookout for the suspect and his minivan was broadcast to surrounding police agencies.

No comments: