Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Police Report: May 26

May 26th:

One Municipal Place: At about 1:45 am officers responded for a citizen armed robbery. He victim told the officers that two black males, one armed with a black handgun and the other wearing all blue clothing approached him and announced a robbery. The victim complied with their demands that he surrender his property and gave them a quantity of US currency and his cell phone. Both suspects then fled on foot towards Washington, DC. A canvass of the area for the suspects was negative. A lookout was given to surrounding agencies and PGPD CID was notified of the incident. The victim was intoxicated at the time of the incident and his condition probably accounted for the limited description of the suspects he was able to provide. He was not injured in the robbery and did not require any medical assistance. During the officers’ investigation of the robbery an NCIC check was done on the victim. The officers learned that he was wanted through the Prince George’s County Sheriff’s Office on a charge of vandalism. The warrant was confirmed and after handling the victim’s robbery incident he was arrested and delivered to the custody of DOC in Hyattsville.

3200 block of Rhode Island Avenue (Thrifty Rental car): At about 9 am officers responded for a report of stolen tags. The victim stated sometime during the holiday weekend person(s) unknown stole both the front and rear tags off of a vehicle parked on the lot. The stolen tag was Maryland 2ESH33.

3600 block of Rhode Island Avenue: At about 9:50 am officers responded for a report of a burglary that occurred earlier. The victim told the officers that person(s) unknown broke into his business sometime during the evening morning hours by forcing a window. The suspect(s) stole various items of the victim’s property valued at about $900.00. The scene was processed for latent evidence and a check of the area for those responsible proved negative.

4200 block of 34th Street: At about 11:50 am officers responded to assist a school social worker with a home visit to check the welfare of the children. The situation became heated when the parent became verbally combative towards the social worker. The officers were able to mitigate the argument and the social worker’s visit was completed without further incident.

No comments: